Friday, June 25, 2010

Stevie Wonder



Above is footage of possibly the best concert I have ever had the pleasure of attending.

I went to Stevie Wonder in the 02 last night. I can't even describe how good it was. He is amazing. He played all his hits, everyone sang along, everyone was up dancing. The atmosphere was indescribable. I have never been to a concert like it and I don't think I ever will be at one like it again.

In one way it made me sad though. Lets be honest we don't have these kind of musicians anymore. Most of the artists now days don't write their own stuff and their concerts consist of them singing along to a backing track. It's awful. Stevie played for over two hours. He never once let it slip and he's in his 60's. He smiled for the whole thing and he and his band looked like they were having the time of their lives.

Stevie Wonder you are a hero. I am so happy I got the chance to see you live.

1 comment: